Thursday, December 24

The Moon

The astronomical attraction from gravitation of the moon, has always been more than a physical matter of reaction and causes. Does the light beams of that planet, really affect us in the way we think, act and speak? I believe so, and this circular and luminous object out in space, has proven me right in personal experiences, in more cases, than the quantity of planets in our solar system.

I believe the moon, still, has some unknown factors about it. Something we human underestimate, since we can't measure it in scales and effects.
It's truly beautiful, how a planet so far away can light up the path we're walking, in the darkest hours of the day. I feel slightly hypnotised in a mythical spell, when my eyes gaze up on the sky, during nighttime. There is three phases of this mysterious something, that I can especially define myself out from, and prove a point to. The full moon, new moon and lunar eclipse all brings my mood and actions a second opinion, in a non schizophrenic way. I know for a fact, that a certain amount of placebo is existing in this recipe, but I don't care.

The full moon

I think a lot as a person, and I do it 24/7. But at this day of the month, my thoughts get twisted in uncontrolled ways. I get emotional, enthusiastic, disturbed, fanatical, hysterical, passionated, impulsive, irrational, nervous, pathetic, sentimental, spontaneous, susceptible, sensitive, temperamental or even numb. The full moon is my  argument, when a reason is searched to be found for some abnormal behaviour my mind follows. This always happens when the moon shows its full face to the earth, and brings more light to our surroundings, than ever before.

The new moon 

The first phase of the moon - this happens when the moon and the sun have the exact same ecliptical longitude. The moon turns completely invisible, just as my known mindset. It doesn't disappear, but it changes. Like a new start. All my thoughts from the day before, has blackened and flown up to the sky for one night. And instead they've been replaced with new thoughts, I've never been in contact with before. Imagine a blackboard being wiped clean of the equations you worked your logical behaviour out from. And immediately after this dissapearance, long new equations shows up on the same board - this time with brand new formulas and constants, you weren't aware existed moments ago. It's cool. It's different. And it's the moon, I believe.

The lunar eclipse

The lunar eclipse takes place when the moon passes directly behind the earth into its own shadow. This can occur when the sun, earth and moon are all aligned, with the earth standing in the middle. It can only happen during the night of the full moon, which makes it even more powerful. It's gothic in a way. The light hasn't disappeared; it's just being blocked. Like a certain supply of clarity is lost in you, but at the same time it's your own earth. Your own world being the cause to this. Irony is the purest form, of a catalyst for revelations and thinking in new ways. It's pretty incredible.
A total lunar eclipse, has the sunlight blocked completely by the earth's shadow. The only light existing in this case, is therefore the shadow of our earth. Our world. The light has a red colour, just like a sunset, and here the lunar eclipse becomes a blood moon. I haven't yet experienced this phenomenon with my senses and consciousness active and observing, but I'm looking forward to it.

It's nice to know, that something bigger than us, might exist under the sun, or in this case, under the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment